nanog mailing list archives

Re: Rasberry pi - high density

From: Hugo Slabbert <hugo () slabnet com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 15:24:19 -0700

Did I miss anything? Just a quick comparison.

If those numbers are accurate, then it leans towards the NUC rather than the Pi, no?

Perf:   1x i5 NUC = 10x Pi
$$:     1x i5 NUC = 10x Pi
Power:  1x i5 NUC = 5x Pi

So...if a single NUC gives you the performance of 10x Pis at the capital cost of 10x Pis but uses half the power of 10x Pis and only a single Ethernet port, how does the Pi win?

--
Hugo