nanog mailing list archives

Re: Frontier: Blocking port 22 because of illegal files?

From: Jens Link <lists () quux de>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 13:10:35 +0100

Stephen Satchell <list () satchell net> writes:

It's been a while since I did this, but you can select an additional
port to accept SSH connections.

That's easy:

jens@screen:~$ grep Port /etc/ssh/sshd_config
Port 22
Port 443

Picking the right port to use is an exercise, though, that will depend
on what other services you are running on your server.

I always have at least one sshd listening on port 443. For all the
hotel, coffee house, customer networks blocking ssh.

You can even multiplex and run ssh and ssl on the same port:

http://www.rutschle.net/tech/sslh.shtml

Jens
--
| Foelderichstr. 40   | 13595 Berlin, Germany           | +49-151-18721264 |
| http://blog.quux.de | jabber: jenslink () jabber quux de | ---------------  |