nanog mailing list archives

Re: Android (lack of) support for DHCPv6

From: Matt Palmer <mpalmer () hezmatt org>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 20:16:02 +1000

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 10:31:25AM +0200, Sander Steffann wrote:
I don't think it is unreasonable. If the network doesn't support the
features you need then let the user know (grey out the feature and add a
note that says "broken network").  It will put pressure on the network
department to fix their DHCPv6 implementation.

Because that has worked sooooo well in the past, as opposed to the helpdesk
person who receives the complaint shrugging their shoulders and saying, "I
dunno, that's just the way it is".

- Matt