nanog mailing list archives

Re: Digitalocean and recent issues

From: Anil Kumar <akumar () anilkumar com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2015 09:03:33 +0530

On Jun 7, 2015, at 7:31 AM, Randy <nanog () afxr net> wrote:

Firstly, I kept getting blocked by google, it claims automated queries. I don't browse google too often..
Also had an issue with outbound mail on another droplet.
Now I'm blocked by... Pizzahut.com

Is any one else experiencing issues like this? is there something I'm missing.

There is probably a lot of abuse of IP addresses at Digital Ocean, $5 per month and an API is a magnet for that to
happen.

I also see droplets rebooting "due to an issue on the underlying physical node where the Droplet runs”. This happened a
few times each on 3 different droplets during the last 45 days (all at NY DC).

AK