nanog mailing list archives

Re: stacking pdu

From: Blake Hudson <blake () ispn net>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2015 13:47:47 -0500

Rob Seastrom wrote on 6/4/2015 4:52 PM:
William Herrin <bill () herrin us> writes:

Isn't it against the NEC and the fire code to stack power strips? We
all do it, but isn't it against code?

As always, when someone asserts that "X is against code" whether in
the form of a statement or a question, the proper response is
"Citation, please!"

-r

The fire marshal that regularly inspects our building will cite us if he sees an extension cord in use - even temporarily - or sees a temporary power tap/surge suppressor connected to another. Meanwhile, in another city, I see government and commercial buildings violating these rules for years. Perhaps there's some amount of interpretation allowed or some inspectors are more aggressive than others.

--Blake