nanog mailing list archives

Re: ARIN just subdivided their last /17, /18, /19, /20, /21 and /22. Down to only /23s and /24s now. : ipv6

From: "Ricky Beam" <jfbeam () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 20:03:08 -0400

On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 23:58:27 -0400, William Astle <lost () l-w ca> wrote:
Like certain data centers attached to AS701 in Canada.

Or their end customers all over the world. Of course, they're no different than most other carriers. At the time we moved into this office, TWC wasn't available [TWCBC] (but they at least understood IPv6; metro-e has since been installed here), TWTC craftily avoided answering the question (the answer was "no"), AT&T gave a similar "we can't be bothered" answer (supported, but we aren't "big enough" to be connected to that gear), Earthlink (ITC Deltacom) had no idea what it was (I'm sure engineers did, but sales and support didn't.)

Not that the company cares. Last reading of the checkpoint config, there wasn't any v6 in it anywhere. Which is a bit surprising as one of those fw's is in Hong Kong!

** TWC (residential) DOES support IPv6 now. I'm an Earthlink subscriber so I get none of that; they've not provided any prefixes.