nanog mailing list archives

Re: World's Fastest Internet™ in Canadaland

From: Rafael Possamai <rafael () gav ufsc br>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 21:35:29 -0500

Good for you.

On Sat, Jun 27, 2015 at 6:36 PM, Irwin, Kevin <Kevin.Irwin () cinbell com>
wrote:

Based on our 1Gbps residential customers usage, I believe you just sit at
home and run speedtest all day.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 26, 2015, at 2:41 PM, Rafael Possamai <rafael () gav ufsc br> wrote:

How does one fully utilize a gigabit link for home use? For a single
person
it is overkill. Similar to the concept of price elasticity in economics,
going from 50mbps to 1gbps doesn't necessarily increase your average
transfer rate, at least I don't think it would for me. Anyone care to
comment? Just really curious, as to me it's more of a marketing push than
anything else, even though gigabit to the home sounds really cool.

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 1:13 PM, Eric Dugas <EDugas () zerofail com>