nanog mailing list archives

Re: 20-30Gbps UDP 1720 traffic appearing to originate from CN in last 24 hours

From: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 17:41:24 -0400

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 3:18 PM, Colin Johnston <colinj () gt86car org uk> wrote:
in war you take information at face value and use it if needed to mitigate risk, if there is legit traffic in blocked
ranges then excemption procedure in place to unblock.

it's not clear how blocking any list of addresse stops the 20-30gbps
of packets from arriving at your doorstep, but if you feel you're
doing the right thing for your network, I can only echo the words of
another: "I encourage my competitors to do this"

colin

Sent from my iPhone