nanog mailing list archives

Re: another tilt at the Verizon FIOS IPv6 windmill

From: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 06:25:26 -0400

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 4:43 PM, Ricky Beam <jfbeam () gmail com> wrote:
On Wed, 15 Jul 2015 16:20:11 -0400, Lee Howard <Lee () asgard org> wrote:

Business Class DOCSIS customers get a prefix automatically (unless you
provide your own gateway and DHCPv6 isnĀ¹t enabled).

doesn't the last paranthetical here

I looked last night at the office in Cary, NC. NO RAs are seen on the link
coming from the Ubee (bridged) providing our dynamic/DOCSIS connection.
Without an RA, nothing will attempt IPv6.

mean that your UBee has to do dhcpv6? (or the downstream thingy from
the UBee has to do dhcpv6?)

(I've not checked the one in Raleigh that's also a hotspot)

Residential? sure, there's lot of v6 there -- has been for over a year. But
as I'm an Earthlink customer, and those morons cannot be bothered to give
TWC one of their *5* UNUSED /32's, all I get is:
        (IA_PD IAID:327681 T1:0 T2:0 (status code no prefixes))

--Ricky