nanog mailing list archives

Re: Test-drive the OS X El Capitan public beta

From: Colin Johnston <colinj () mx5 org uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 14:27:12 +0100

as well hopefully less upgrade traffic once installed as update install images less big as well

colin

Sent from my iPhone

On 10 Jul 2015, at 14:11, John Curran <jcurran () arin net> wrote:

On Jul 10, 2015, at 2:17 AM, Colin Johnston <colinj () mx5 org uk> wrote:

lots of 6GB downloads this morning :)

Colin

Begin forwarded message:

From: Apple Beta Software Program <betaprogram () InsideApple Apple com>
Subject: Test-drive the OS X El Capitan public beta
Date: 10 July 2015 05:08:06 BST
To: colinj () mx5 org uk

The El Capitan public beta is now available from the Apple Beta Software Program.
Test-drive it and let us know what you think.

Also note that this particular release is also likely to further increase IPv6 traffic loads
once out in the mainstream, as it includes some significant changes to Apple’s “Happy
Eyeballs” implementation…   (see attached)   Current growth in IPv6 traffic doesn’t
necessarily include significant iPhone participation, but this will change shortly.

FYI,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO
ARIN

===
<https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/v6ops/current/msg22455.html>
David Schinazi <dschinazi () apple com> Thu, 09 July 2015 22:00 UTC
Hi everyone,
Today Apple released the first public seeds of iOS 9 and OS X El Capitan.
These seeds (and the third developer seeds released yesterday) include an improved version of Happy Eyeballs.

Based on our testing, this makes our Happy Eyeballs implementation go from roughly 50/50 IPv4/IPv6 in iOS 8 and
Yosemite
to ~99% IPv6 in iOS 9 and El Capitan betas.