nanog mailing list archives

Re: Hotels/Airports with IPv6

From: Ca By <cb.list6 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 08:35:55 -0700

On Thursday, July 9, 2015, Mel Beckman <mel () beckman org> wrote:

I working on a large airport WiFi deployment right now. IPv6 is "allowed
for in the future" but not configured in the short term. With less than
10,000 ephemeral users, we don't expect users to demand IPv6 until most
mobile devices and apps come ready to use IPv6 by default.

1. Users will never demand ipv6. They demand google and facebook. So that
road goes nowhere

2.  What data do you have that most devices and apps are not default-on /
ready for ipv6.  My guess is most devices carried by airport users
will accept and use ipv6 address, and most used destinations (google, fb,
netflix, wikipedia, ....) use ipv6

CB

 -mel beckman

On Jul 9, 2015, at 7:53 AM, Jared Mauch <jared () puck nether net