nanog mailing list archives

Re: scaling linux-based router hardware recommendations

From: Alexander Neilson <alexander () neilson net nz>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 16:59:12 +1300

On 27/01/2015, at 4:29 pm, Ken Chase <math () sizone org> wrote:

Hows convergence time on these mikrotik/ubiquity/etc units for a full table?

For the CCR1036-12G-4S with one full table, one domestic table (NZ - ~26k entries) some peering and iBGP full
convergence took about three minutes forty seconds last time I timed it from cold.

I may do some new timing as they have been working hard to improve the multi core support (currently BGP still only
single core however they been doing some work on efficient allocation of other tasks to cores.

/kc
--
Ken Chase - math () sizone org Toronto