nanog mailing list archives

Re: Comcast Support (from NANOG Digest, Vol 84, Issue 24)

From: "Brzozowski, John" <John_Brzozowski () Cable Comcast com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 18:19:03 +0000

From the looks of it, there is no IPv6 PD support per RFC3633.

John Jason Brzozowski
Comcast Cable
p) 484-962-0060
w) www.comcast6.net
e) john_brzozowski () cable comcast com

-----Original Message-----
From: Rafael de Oliveira Ribeiro <rafael.ribeiro () rnp br>
Date: Monday, January 26, 2015 at 11:00
To: John Brzozowski <John_Brzozowski () Cable Comcast com>, NANOG
<nanog () nanog org>
Subject: Re: Comcast Support (from NANOG Digest, Vol 84, Issue 24)

Dear John,

(...)
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 17:14:11 +0000
From: "Brzozowski, John" <John_Brzozowski () Cable Comcast com>
To: "nanog () nanog org" <nanog () nanog org>
Subject: Comcast Support (from NANOG Digest, Vol 84, Issue 23)
(...)
For customers where you bring your own cable modem or have one of the
above in bridge mode we have enabled IPv6 support for you as well.
However, your router behind the modem must be running software and
configured with IPv6 support.  Specifically, your router needs to be
support stateful DHCPv6 for IPv6 address and prefix acquisition.  We
have received a number of reports from customers that the Juniper SRX
does not appear to properly support IPv6.  We are working with Juniper
and also recommend that you reach out to Juniper as well.
(...)

Care to share scenarios where the SRXs do not perform well with DHCPv6?
Any specific model?

Thanks in advance,
--
Rafael de Oliveira Ribeiro