nanog mailing list archives

Re: DDOS solution recommendation

From: "Roland Dobbins" <rdobbins () arbor net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 20:51:59 +0700

On 11 Jan 2015, at 20:46, Mike Hammett wrote:

Enough people blackhole the attacking IPs, those IPs are eventually going to have a very limited view of the Internet.

TCAMs have limits.

Not all networks practice anti-spoofing.

Not all networks have any visibility whatsoever into their network traffic.

Not all networks have security teams.

Again, it would probably be advisable to do some reading before you start telling those of us who've been working on this set of problems for the last couple of decades that it's simple, and that we don't know what we're doing.

Roland Dobbins <rdobbins () arbor net>