nanog mailing list archives

Re: v6 deagg

From: Sander Steffann <sander () steffann nl>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 19:16:51 +0100

Hi Bill,

I don't fully understand the math yet but the algorithm doesn't smell
right. As near as I can figure it may only be correct in a static
system. If after convergence the disaggregate ceases to be reachable
from the aggregate, there doesn't appear to be either enough
information in the system or enough triggers traveling between routers
for it to reconverge to a correct state.

If a network announces an aggregate when they can't reach all more-specifics then things will already be broken. Don't
announce address space that you can't handle traffic for...

But true: without Dragon the more specific would still arrive via another path and it would still be reachable.

Cheers,
Sander