nanog mailing list archives

Re: Input Regarding Cogent and NTT

From: Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom mu>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2015 10:17:07 +0200

On 5/Feb/15 22:05, Bryan Tong wrote:
We've been on Cogent for 3 years now.

I have to say the experience has been nice. Good sales, great NOC. We even
had a dirty fiber issue with their uplink (due to the MMA owner) and Cogent
stayed on the phone with me for hours and got it handled before we hung up
the phone. So great NOC too.

We pick up Cogent as one of our upstreams, primarily for who they have
on-net that others do not (or can be accessed "shorter" through).

We haven't had any major issues. The sales folk were persistent, but the
turn-up was good as has been contact with the NOC (primarily to get BGP
prefixes updated regularly).

We use NTT too, and a bunch of others, and the experience has generally
been the same, i.e., nothing major to complain about.

Then again, close to 70% of our non-African traffic is peered away at
the 4x major exchange points in Europe, and the upstreams only cover the
rest. So there could be some co-relation there.

Mark.