nanog mailing list archives

Re: Netflix stuffing data on pipe

From: Ca By <cb.list6 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 07:49:39 -0800

On Tuesday, December 29, 2015, Josh Reynolds <josh () kyneticwifi com> wrote:

Adaptive bandwidth detection.

Yes,  ABR video attempts to fill the entire channel

This has been problematic as peak edge speeds have increased and pushed the
statistical multplexing logic / plans.

There is also buffer bloat issues that exacerbate the problem by allowing
elephant flows to be too greedy at the expsense of others on the access
segment

On Dec 29, 2015 8:59 PM, "Matt Hoppes" <mhoppes () indigowireless com