nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 Cogent vs Hurricane Electric

From: Ryan Rawdon <ryan () u13 net>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 19:38:13 -0600

On Dec 1, 2015, at 1:23 PM, Max Tulyev <maxtul () netassist ua> wrote:

Hi All,

we got an issue today that announces from Cogent don't reach Hurricane
Electric. HE support said that's a feature, not a bug.

So we have splitted Internet again?

I have to change at least one of my uplinks because of it, which one is
better to drop, HE or Cogent?

There is another option, instead of choosing just one - perhaps establish a tunnel to HE from a L3 device that can do
the tunneling in hardware?  You can get a HE tunnel for free, and they will speak BGP to you.

Alternatively, if you are on any IXes where HE is present - they will not only peer with you for v6, but announce a
full table if you want it.