nanog mailing list archives

Re: Nat

From: Matt Palmer <mpalmer () hezmatt org>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 11:23:57 +1100

On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 07:30:35PM +0300, Ahmed Munaf wrote:
On Dec 17, 2015, at 8:47 PM, Nick Hilliard <nick () foobar org> wrote:

On 17/12/2015 17:36, Ahmed Munaf wrote:
we are using ESP 20

You haven't said what you mean by "better".  This could mean "faster" or
"copes with more sessions" or "cheaper".  If your ISP is large, then it
might be "cost per user is lower" or "able to cope with the number of users".

I mean by better, it handle more sessions and cheaper

At what scale?  You probably won't get much cheaper than an rPi and
netfilter at home scale, but I wouldn't want to run a national ISP on one.
Also, by "cheaper" do you just mean capex, or is opex a concern?

- Matt