nanog mailing list archives

Re: Modem as a service?

From: joel jaeggli <joelja () bogus com>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2015 10:57:23 -0800

On 12/6/15 10:37 AM, James Laszko wrote:
We are looking to automate testing of OOB modem connections when our
NMS detects a site connection failure.  Rather than have a live body
call a modem number (or even a fax) to see if it answers (to
determine if there is a potential site power issue), we'd like to be
able to utilize some "Modem as a service" to automate this.  I've
exhausted my Google skills trying to see if anything like this
exists.  Anyone have any experience?

Typically that sort of thing would be implemented as an event handler
driven by the nms

Internet outdial used to be a thing, but probably these days that means
dropping your own modem someplace.

Thank you,

James Laszko Mythos Technology Inc
jamesl () mythostech com<mailto:jamesl () mythostech com>