nanog mailing list archives

Re: Quakecon: Network Operations Center tour

From: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2015 21:47:57 -0400

On Sun, Aug 2, 2015 at 9:46 PM, Christopher Morrow
<morrowc.lists () gmail com> wrote:
On Sun, Aug 2, 2015 at 6:57 PM, Nick Hilliard <nick () foobar org> wrote:
As anchors, I would be hard put to make a choice between a 6500 and a 7500,
which was a fine router in its day but alas only had a useful lifetime of a
small number of years.  Obsolescence happens.

isn't some of L3's edge still 7500's? I think some of 703/702's edges
are still 7500's even.

"Last Date of Support:
HW
The last date to receive service and support for the product. After
this date, all support services for the product are unavailable, and
the product becomes obsolete.
December 31, 2012"

oh .. maybe they really are all gone :)