nanog mailing list archives

Re: load balancer product for dns content switching

From: "Oliver O'Boyle" <oliver.oboyle () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 16:29:39 -0400

Citrix Netscaler as well.

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 4:11 PM, Robert Webb <rwebb () ropeguru com> wrote:

F5 Big-IP? Pricey but it should do what you are looking for.

Robert

On Thu, 27 Aug 2015 12:13:37 -0700
 Brooks Bridges <brooks () firestormnetworks net> wrote:

Spent quite a bit of time researching products out there looking for one
that will do content switching based on the domain being queried, and I'm
coming up empty.  Can anyone point me in a decent direction?

For example:

all requests are sent to one (HA) VIP, and then:

host.bob.domain.com gets routed to dns server group 1
host.bill.domain.com gets routed to dns server group 2
and so on...

Thanks for any advice

--
Brooks Bridges