nanog mailing list archives

Re: [BULK] Verizon exiting California

From: Andrew Carey <carey () ar-ballbat org>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 10:01:47 -0700

On Aug 3, 2015, at 10:09, Matthew Black <Matthew.Black () csulb edu> wrote:

I ran a few Google searches and came across a trove of complaints against Frontier. Seems they are far worse than
GTE/Verizon. On the few occasions I have called for FIOS support, always reached someone knowledgeable and helpful.
Not looking forward to the changeover, as the new owners have to pay off debts from their acquisition. That can only
be accomplished through rate increases. I see a Verizon tech outside my kitchen window every two to three days as he
replaces two nitrogen tanks keeping copper trunks pressurized against water intrusion.

Cutting expenses is another (well, and selling more too). Properly engineered/maintained cable should not require that
level of constant attention.