nanog mailing list archives

Re: Current state / use of OSPF-TE

From: Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom mu>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 09:16:17 +0200

On 29/Apr/15 09:03, sthaug () nethelp no wrote:

I assume you mean RFC 3630 "Traffic Engineering (TE) Extensions to
OSPF Version 2"? This would be used by providers running MPLS, RSVP-TE
and using OSPF as the IGP.

As far as I can see it is supported by all major vendors. The reason
you don't hear all that much about it is probably that a significant
number of providers running MPLS and RSVP-TE use IS-IS as their IGP
(we do).

Assuming the OP is referring to RFC 3630, I suppose you wouldn't hear
much about IS-IS either in this regard, since the TE extensions to IS-IS
and OSPF are not the final product. The final product would be MPLS-TE
itself. IS-IS and OSPF are just a ubiquitous way to get the TE
information across the backbone.

Mark.