nanog mailing list archives

Re: Multi-gigabit edge devices as CPE

From: Dave Taht <dave.taht () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 07:35:40 -0700

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 7:25 AM, Tim Raphael <raphael.timothy () gmail com> wrote:
L3VPN hand off is the only thing I can think of from the top of my head. But
then, there would be no need to have a full table unless you had customers
requesting a full table.

Well my interpretation was that IPv4 address space had become so scarce that
other methods were becoming more needed even on the high end edge networks.

It sounds like the OP is looking for one device to do multiple roles where
two/three different device types and/or sizes would fit better.

But that seems more plausible.