nanog mailing list archives

Re: Fixing Google geolocation screwups

From: Max Tulyev <maxtul () netassist ua>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2015 16:26:49 +0300

On 04/08/15 14:56, Jeroen Massar wrote:
That stated, properly providing a WHOIS entry for each prefix
(inetnum/inet6num) is a good idea as that kind of indicates that that
prefix is fixed in that location and not just moving around.

[skip]

Do make sure though that you do not show any foreign address in the
whois data (even if that is the correct entity that the prefix is
registered under)

Seems that it is contrary to each other ;)

I thought to do something like automated whois query on tunnel
destination and put that (geo)data to each /48 inet6num tunnelled. But
as I don't believe it will help, so priority of that task is low and not
yet realized.