nanog mailing list archives

Re: BGP offloading (fixing legacy router BGP scalability issues)

From: "John Levine" <johnl () iecc com>
Date: 6 Apr 2015 18:51:34 -0000

In article <Pine.LNX.4.64.1504061101030.24610 () sasami anime net> you write:
On Fri, 3 Apr 2015, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:
We've been down this road before - we've had our own problems on this
side of the puddle with transit providers who refused to deal with problem
customers because the provider billed by the packet, and the customers were
good about paying their bill - so dealing with the problem caused less packets
and thus less revenue.

At least in the US the provider could be charged with willful negligence
and face liability.

Please provide legal citations.

R's,
John