nanog mailing list archives

Re: YouTube CDN down?

From: Blair Trosper <blair.trosper () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 16:22:43 -0500

Watching in dev tools, the CDN is returning the dreaded HTTP header 204 (No
Content), even though the entire video is buffering.

This reminds me of an outage a while back that only affected IPv6.

I've confirmed with other users, and YouTube is dead to us from these
networks:
- AS22645 (Texas Gigapop) - v4/v6
- AS19108 (Suddenlink) - v4
- AS40285 (Northland Cable) - v4/v6
- AS40244 (TurnKey) - v4/v6

It does seem to be regional.  People in SC/NC who are presumably hitting
the Charleston DC are unaffected.

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 4:16 PM, Brandon Martin <lists.nanog () monmotha net>