nanog mailing list archives

Re: Verizon FiOS IPv6

From: "Justin M. Streiner" <streiner () cluebyfour org>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 10:57:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 1 Oct 2014, Anthony Junk wrote:

I already have IPv6 on my router at home. They rolled out an update a few
months back that added the capability for the latest 802.1N model. I'm not
at home to look at it but I'll update with the model this evening.

Like many others, I would be interested to hear more about this.

Verizon pushed a firmware update to my Fios router some time ago that supports IPv6, but I was not receiving native v6 connectivity from Verizon at home.

I think they did some small-scale deployments as a test, and maybe you're in one of the areas they rolled out, but I don't think there are any larger deployments on the immediate radar.

My calls to the front-line call center (I make a point of doing this every
few months) generally get no information.  Offering to put a note in my
account stating that I asked about IPv6 is only useful if someone from
Verizon actually goes back and reads those notes.  Shaking other trees at
Verizon through $dayjob has not produced any better results so far.

Until Verizon offers native IPv6, I will continue using my tunnel through HE, which has been rock-solid.

jms