nanog mailing list archives

Re: fema.net dnssec issues

From: Rob Seastrom <rs () seastrom com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 17:06:41 -0400

Antonio Querubin <tony () lavanauts org> writes:

Anybody have a good DNS tech contact at FEMA?  I tried to report a
dnssec problem to them but apparently the contact listed in whois is
out of the office.  In the meantime we have a near hurricane-strength
storm approaching.

fema.net looks like it belongs to who you'd expect, and indeed the
dnssec is broken, but their web site seems to be broken when you try
to visit it from a non-validating location too.

fema.gov appears to be working properly.

it would not have occurred to me to use fema.net to contact the
fema.gov people and it comes to me as a complete surprise that they
even own fema.net.  are they pushing fema.net in their advertising or
somesuch?

best of luck in the storm; stay dry.

-r