nanog mailing list archives

Re: Low-numbered ASes being hijacked? [Re: BGP Update Report]

From: Stephen Satchell <list () satchell net>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 11:54:34 -0800

On 11/30/2014 11:26 AM, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:
On Mon, 01 Dec 2014 00:53:07 +0900, "Paul S." said:
Do these people never check what exactly they end up originating
outbound due to a config change, if that's really the case?

You're new here, aren't you? :)

Thank you, I needed the laugh.

Sometimes, getting the idea that checking one's work is necessary proves
to be a hard lesson to teach to some of those young whippersnappers.  I
live and work in Reno NV, so I put the lesson in terms they can understand:

  "A triple check beats a double-cross."

This is sufficiently annoying to people that they do indeed check their
work...so they don't have to listen to me spout this cliche when things
get screwed up.