nanog mailing list archives

Re: Undefined terms overload

From: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 23:23:14 -0500

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 11:16 PM, Larry Sheldon <larrysheldon () cox net> wrote:
I was able to ignore it for a while, but now I have run into one in two
unrelated threads.

What does "bikeshedding" mean here?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkinson's_law_of_triviality

And, what does "OOB" mean here--the decodes with which I am familiar do not

'out of band' - ideally: "Access the console of my equipment without
having to use the network my equipment is supporting"

seem to fit:  Out of Bounds, Out Of Body, Out of Bed, Out of Business, Open
Of Business  (used to see this one many times daily), Out Of Bullets, Out Of
Band (also familiar from telephone days).
--
The unique Characteristics of System Administrators:

The fact that they are infallible; and,

The fact that they learn from their mistakes.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes