nanog mailing list archives

Re: why IPv6 isn't ready for prime time, SMTP edition

From: "John Levine" <johnl () iecc com>
Date: 26 Mar 2014 20:48:28 -0000

On 03/26/2014 01:38 PM, Tony Finch wrote:
Who do I send the bill to for mail traffic from 41.0.0.0/8 ? Tony.

You don't.  Their upstream(s) in South Africa would bill them for outgoing
e-mail.

You mean Nigeria. So how do I get compensated for dealing with the junk
they send me?

I am Mrs. Mariam Abacha with TEN MILLION DOLLARS in blocked mail
payments in a bank account.  I apologize for contacting you this way
but it is urgent that your assistance be applied to repatriating those
funds.