nanog mailing list archives

Re: Richard Bennett, NANOG posting, and Integrity

From: Matt Palmer <mpalmer () hezmatt org>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 10:07:57 +1000

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 01:38:03PM -0700, Michael Thomas wrote:
On 7/28/14, 12:39 PM, William Herrin wrote:
And continued selling the product as described, long beyond any
reasonable doubt their customers expected it to work with Netflix.  Right
through this very minute and beyond.

It would be amusing to see Netflix just call their bluff. And maybe donate
some lawyers for the inevitable class action lawsuit for false advertising
against the eyeball networks.  I imagine other self-interested 900lb
gorillas might join the fun too.

I think we've seen the first shots of this battle fired already -- Netflix
was putting up notices saying "your video is crap because $ISP is congested"
for a little while.  I expect that wasn't the last we'll see of that kind of
tactic.

- Matt

--
You know you have a distributed system when the crash of a computer you’ve
never heard of stops you from getting any work done.