nanog mailing list archives

Re: Listing or google map of peering exchange

From: "Patrick W. Gilmore" <patrick () ianai net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 15:46:51 -0400

On Jul 09, 2014, at 15:36 , Bill Woodcock <woody () pch net> wrote:
On Jul 9, 2014, at 11:35 AM, Zaid A. Kahn <zaid () zaidali com> wrote:

PeeringDB www.peeringdb.com is the defacto source of truth.

That’s user-submitted data.  The PCH directory is twenty years old, and is independently verified by our staff.  So
what’s there isn’t always up-to-date, but we do differentiate between rumor and something that’s been verified by
someone going and laying eyes on it.

It is ever-so-slightly better than user-submitted data. Specifically, if an IX or a colo tells us "this person says
they are a [Customer|Member|whatever] and they are not", we will remove that row from the DB.

Then again, PeeringDB never claimed to be anything but user-submitted data. Just the opposite.