nanog mailing list archives

Re: Correspondence to the FCC re: preemption of local government as a source of regulation

From: William Herrin <bill () herrin us>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 21:17:59 -0400

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 8:28 PM, Roy <r.engehausen () gmail com> wrote:
The question posed is whether or not a state can control where a local
governmental agencies can provide service.

Hi Roy,

If the answer is anything other than, "of course they can," then I
really want to read the judge's opinion. There are no shortage of
examples of one locality providing services to another (it happens all
the time with water systems) but I've not heard of such happening
contrary to the wishes of the respective state government.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William Herrin ................ herrin () dirtside com  bill () herrin us
Can I solve your unusual networking challenges?