nanog mailing list archives

Re: Net Neutrality...

From: "Paul S." <contact () winterei se>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 03:49:28 +0900

On 7/19/2014 午前 03:35, William Herrin wrote:
On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 2:05 PM, Rob Seastrom <rs () seastrom com> wrote:
Michael Thomas <mike () mtcc com> writes:
On 7/17/14, 2:15 PM, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:
/me makes popcorn and waits for 4K displays to drop under US$1K and
watch the network providers completely lose their shit....
http://www.amazon.com/Seiki-SE39UY04-39-Inch-Ultra-120Hz/dp/B00DOPGO2G

$339!

I use it for doing dev. It's *fabulous*.
"Refresh rate is limited to 30Hz with 4K"

Bracing for my first seizure ever in 3...  2... 1...
Hi Rob,

An LED screen doesn't refresh the way a CRT does, right? The light
doesn't flash and fade, it stays constant until the next change. So
why would a 30 hz refresh rate make any difference at all for tasks
which update the screen less often than 30 times a second? Mike did
say he used it for doing software development.

Movies were shot at 24fps and TV shows at 30fps (60 interlaced), so
I'm not sure where the harm would be there either.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

For all intents and purposes, it actually does work fine -- yeah.

I've got a few friends who bought it, it seems to work fine.