nanog mailing list archives

Re: Inevitable death, was Re: Verizon Public Policy on Netflix

From: Brett Glass <nanog () brettglass com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 17:45:56 -0600

At 02:42 PM 7/14/2014, George Herbert wrote:

> On Jul 14, 2014, at 10:41 AM, Matthew Petach <mpetach () netflight com> wrote:
>
> Brett's concerns seem to center around his
> ability to be cost-competitive with the big
> guys in his area...which implies there *are*
> big guys in his area to have to compete with.

He 's running wireless links, from web and prior info as I recall. His key business seems to be outside the cable tv / DSL wire loop ranges from wire centers. The bigger services seem to have fiber into Laramie, and Brett seems to have fiber to that Denver exchange pointlet .

Why he's not getting fiber to a bigger exchange point or better transit is unclear.

Why don't you simply ask me? There have been a huge number of incorrect, mostly speculative assertions made about my business in this thread, but I simply don't have time to correct all of them (I have a business to run and customers to help).

--Brett Glass