nanog mailing list archives

Re: Verizon Public Policy on Netflix

From: Miles Fidelman <mfidelman () meetinghouse net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 07:55:07 -0400

Randy Bush wrote:
ahhh.   so
     not government regulated == wild west
lawless, big guys fighting with little guys in the middle == wild west
at this point, maybe john curran, who you may remember from nearnet,
usually steps in with a good screed on industry self-regulation.

yeah John, where are you (John and I sat a few doors from each other at one point, way back)

and, if we are really lucky, maybe geoff will use his deep knowledge of
history beyond the internet to tell us the real story of the so called
wild west, which was likely more organized than one would think.

really?  can you say Cliven Bundy? :-)