nanog mailing list archives

Anybody here from yahoo, or a good contact? [was Re: anybody seeing mail problems sending to yahoo.com?]

From: Miles Fidelman <mfidelman () meetinghouse net>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 14:35:48 -0500

Based on a couple of responses saying that other people are seeing this, and I'm still getting these....

- anybody here from yahoo who might be able to respond? Or does anybody have a good contact at Yahoo's postmaster dept?

Thanks,

Miles Fidelman

Miles Fidelman wrote:
Hi Folks,

I run a few small email lists that have some yahoo users on them - and I just started getting complaints about receiving multiple copies of messages.

In looking into it, I've found 1000s of log entries along the following lines, all from the past 5 days or so:

Jan 4 09:23:51 server1 postfix/smtp[1462]: 3BA39CC094: lost connection with mta7.am0.yahoodns.net[98.136.216.26] while sending end of data -- message may be sent more than once

It's not one of their standard anti-spam errors, and mail is arriving (multiple copies no less) - so it doesn't look like this is intentional blocking.

So... I'm wondering if anybody else is seeing this, and if anybody has a postmaster contact at yahoo (postmaster () yahoo com, of course, auto-replies with a pointer to a useless web form).

Thanks,

Miles Fidelman