nanog mailing list archives

Re: verify currently running software on ram

From: Tassos Chatzithomaoglou <achatz () forthnet gr>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 14:09:19 +0200

That verifies the software that is stored somewhere, not the currently running one.

Someone "insider" could load a "hacked" software into flash, boot the router with that file (supposing that he has
found a way to do so) and then replace the file on the flash with the real one.
How can you verify that the running software is actually the original one?

--
Tassos