nanog mailing list archives

Re: question about AS relationship

From: Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom mu>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 03:42:43 +0200

On Thursday, February 20, 2014 08:09:35 PM Christopher
Morrow wrote:

so, yes. pleass tell your upstream your customers so
proper filtering can be automated and implemented.

don't turn up bgp customers without filtering, that kills
kittens.

For all the leaking I've seen in the last four weeks
(including a well-known operator that was involved in the
Youtube/Pakistan saga + other well-known global operators
that could be classified as "a reasonably large tier"),
we're still a long way away ensuring all customer prefixes
are filtered correctly at the inter-domain peering edge. A
loooooooong way away...

Mark.