nanog mailing list archives

Re: Reliable Dedicated/VPS providers in Canada?

From: Paul Nash <paul () nashnetworks ca>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 16:38:20 -0500

Depends what you’re looking for, what you want to pay.

I host dedicated machines for a bunch of clients, who get a realio-trulio machine (something like a DL360) with
unlimited transfer and the OS of their choice.  If they want it, they even get maintenance and after-hours on-call tech
staff who actually know what they are doing.

But it costs them more than the cheap $15/month we’ll-hosy-your-wesite packages, typically well north of $100/month for
a fast machine with maintenance, somewhat less for an older, slower box unmaintained.  All housed at 151 Front, THE
premier Canadian data centre.

Drop me a line if you are interested, and we can talk.

I have also been burned by the “cheap” (usually quality, not price) VPS instances on oversold hardware in someone’s
basement.

        paul