nanog mailing list archives

Re: Route Server Filters at IXPs and 4-byte ASNs

From: Jeffrey Haas <jhaas () pfrc org>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 22:58:43 -0500

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 25, 2014, at 5:50 PM, Randy Bush <randy () psg com> wrote:

http://tools.ietf.org/search/draft-raszuk-wide-bgp-communities-03
To me, that draft looks hugely complicated, like everything you
could possibly think of was thrown in.

<aol>

do we have a chat with robert or push an alternative so that the wg is
pushed to compromise?

The token to simplify is currently mine. The messy bit was an attempt to try to push policy algebra into the packet
format. A hallway conversation with a certain German gentleman helped disabuse me about the wisdom of doing that.

Cleaning up the document will take probably another two rounds but a terse description of where it should be going is
"template based structured communities".

-- Jeff

randy