nanog mailing list archives

Re: The state of TACACS+

From: joseph.snyder () gmail com
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 10:45:11 -0500

Change the root when any senior person leaves.  It shouldn't be known to a large set of staff members.  During the
bubble burst rifs we were changing them on 40k+ devices every week.  Make sure you verify the pass before disconnecting
the login acct making the change.  Also make sure you understand the AAA process well when trying to do this so that
you don't lock yourself out.