nanog mailing list archives

Re: Shapefiles, KMZs, etc.

From: Javier J <javier () advancedmachines us>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 21:59:09 -0500

If you have KMZ files you have compiled from public sources, can you make
them available?

This would be very useful to have for project I work on from time to time.

On Sat, Dec 27, 2014 at 1:00 PM, Mike Hammett <nanog () ics-il net> wrote:

I am looking for shapefiles, KMZs, etc. for networks primarily in the
Midwest, but really throughout the area that is the scope of this list. I
am a small ISP that just happens to know more than your average ISP about
where people are and how to use GIS tools. I use them to help other ISPs
find transport and they may come in handy for some start-up IX work I'm
involved with. They would not go public and I would be willing to sign NDAs
to get them. I have gotten several form public sources, but I may not have
gotten all of the public ones and I have some (but still only a few)
private ones.

Thank you.

-----
Mike Hammett