nanog mailing list archives

Re: How our young colleagues are being educated....

From: Miles Fidelman <mfidelman () meetinghouse net>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 22:48:34 -0500

Well... to be accurate, and just a tad pedantic, the basis for TCP/IP is:
"A Protocol for Packet Network Intercommunication," Vinton G. Cerf & Robert E. Kahn, IEEE Trans on Comms, Vol Com-22, No 5 May 1974

Miles Fidelman

Grant Ridder wrote:
I used Stallings a couple years ago. Cisco is not the basis of networking. It is the basis for TCP/IP.

-Grant