nanog mailing list archives

Re: Looking for piece of undersea cable

From: Miles Fidelman <mfidelman () meetinghouse net>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 16:56:22 -0500

Scott Weeks wrote:

On Dec 12, 2014, at 14:58, Colin McIntosh <cmcintosh33 () gmail com> wrote:
I'm looking for a piece of undersea cable to use for
educational purposes and was hoping somebody would
have a section they can part with. Doesn't need to be
a big piece, really any size will work. I can pay for
shipping and the cable, if needed.

From: Jason Hellenthal <jhellenthal () dataix net>

Tanzania looks to have a peace they wouldn’t miss …
grab your scuba gear we’ll go swimming :-)

How would you upload your scuba (and surfing) pictures
from the Seychelles islands to the internet if that
piece were to go away?  ;-)

As much as I'd like to join that expedition, you could just call up one of the vendors listed here, and see if they'll send you a sample:
http://www.submarinecablesystems.com/default.asp.pg-CableSuppliers

Miles Fidelman