nanog mailing list archives

Re: Anyone running Knot?

From: Joe Abley <jabley () hopcount ca>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 09:57:49 -0400

Hi Jay,

On 6 August 2014 at 23:26:36, Jay Ashworth (jra () baylink com) wrote:

LWN this week covers the Knot DNS server, written by/for the .cz root zone ops, which can,
amongst other interesting attributes, load the entire 35 million record .net zone in
10 seconds.

https://www.knot-dns.cz

Knot was written by people at CZ.NIC Labs, as far as I know. When I was at ICANN we were interested in using it for
L-Root, but I don't know that that has happened. The team is really, really good. I routinely suffer jawcraig [1] at
their apparently outrageous productivity.

Is anybody here using it? Or knows of it being used somewhere they're permitted to discuss?
Is it suitable for running on... much smaller zones? or does the optimization make it
impractical?

There's a mailing list:

   knot-dns-users () lists nic cz

Joe