nanog mailing list archives

Re: Netflix And AT&T Sign Peering Agreement

From: "mcfbbqroast ." <bbqroast () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 17:38:37 +1200

Gah,

While I'd agree that Netflix shouldn't get free transit, AT&T shouldn't be
charging for better access than Netflix can get over other tier 1s.

Likewise, for local delivery there's nothing wrong with peering. Besides,
when a small ISP starts up they have to buy transit/lay fibre to a major
PoP. I'd not see them, or ISPs in other remote areas, charging for
"transit".